- Bluetooth 4.0 + apt-X Technology
- The Bluetooth 4.0 and apt-X technology combined can not only stable signal transmission but also CD-quality sound.
- For Old and New Speakers
- Equipped with 3.5mm Audio and RCA Cable,suitable for your new and old speakers.
- Latest NFC Function
- Easily and rapidly connect your NFC-enabled phone and the receiver by single touch.
NFC Compatible Models
Google Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 9, LG Optimus G, G Pro, 4X HD, Samsung Galaxy S4, S4 mini, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Mega, Galaxy S3 SIII*, Galaxy Nexus*, Galaxy Note II, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy Note 4, S3 mini, Galaxy Victory 4G LTE, HTC One, OneX/XL/SV*, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC Windows Phone 8X, Nokia Lumia 920 Windows Phone 8, Lumia 820/822/810/620, Lumia 1020, Nokia 301/700/701/720/610 NFC, Sony Xperia S, Xperia SP, Xperia P, Xperia L, Xperia Ion, Xperia TX (ST29i), Xperia V, Motorola Droid Razr M, Droid DNA.
- Bluetooth Version: V3.0
- Frequency Range: 2.4GHz
- Operation: Class2
- Bluetooth Mode: A2DP/AVRCP
- Bluetooth Range: up to 33feet
- Charging Time: 2 hours
- Working Time: 8 hours
What's in the box
- 1 x Mpow Streambot Box
- 1 x USB Cable
- 1 x 3.5mm-3.5mm Audio cable
- 1 x 3.5mm to RCA Cable
Customer Reviews (8)
- Works great hardwired into my carReview by JL
- Works great hardwired into my car. My kenwood receiver has a usb port on its rear that I use to provide power to the Streambox. Also have a 3.5mm audio cable routed from the rear of the kenwood's AUX-IN port to the streambox's 3.5mm audio OUT port. The Streambox lays in center of the floorboard, the 2 cables cleanly hidden make for a clean install. Works great and sounds as good as a CD to my ears. The APT-X feature is a noticeable improvement in sound quality and volume versus a bluetooth receiver that does not have APT-X (I've had both). Phone being used is a Galaxy S4. (Posted on 2/22/2016)
- Great device! Mpow Streambot BoxReview by Greg
I purchased this to add bluetooth to an Onkyo network receiver. Primarily, I use this to stream music from a retired android phone that now serves as a networked media controller.
The Mpow device was extremely easy to set up and connected without trouble to an old android device and a newer device running lollipop. It automatically connects to the last device if it is in range and bluetooth is enabled.
The sound quality is decent, as you would expect from a bluetooth connection. The audio output is a little quiet compared to other components, but it's not really a problem (I just turn the volume up!)
The box is smaller than I expected, which is a good thing. It's about the size of half a deck of cards, but a little thicker. The power cord (a micro usb) is a little short, but the included component audio cables make up the difference.
(Posted on 2/22/2016)
- Solid productReview by No. 6
This receiver was easy to set up and install, and was recognized immediately by my tablet. It also has a decent range. I was able to walk into the other room, about 35 feet, and was still connected. At that range (and around a corner), the sound started to drop out, but it was much better than I expected. If you are line of sight, you might get better reception. I have this connected to a cheap shelf stereo system with cheap speakers, so I can't speak to high-end audio quality, however, it delivers at least as good as my system is capable of.
I also like that there is only one indicator light on the thing (the backlit blue button on top, which shows that it is paired/searching), so that it sits rather discreetly on the shelf, yet you can tell at a glance whether it is connected. And it does stay paired--I've turned the stereo off, the tablet has gone to sleep for days at a time, but one I turn everything back on, it has kept the connection.
Pros - Easy set-up/pairing
Good audio quality
(Posted on 2/22/2016)
- Really cool gadget, just order the right one so you're not disappointed.Review by eric keating
I really like the box itself now that I have it hooked up the way it was intended to be. I'm very stubborn and busy and frankly love electronics so I kept it and use it attached to my home stereo instead. It pairs very easily with both NFC and Bluetooth one you have paired the devices for the first time... and pairing the first time is also quick and simple. I haven't hit a snag yet with multiple devices, even a first gen Ipod touch with ancient Bluetooth hardware.
I have a computer as my multimedia hardware underneath the television I use for video and audio sources so it was a simple fix to just use the extra usb ports on the computer (which is always turned on) to power my Box, though I suggest ordering the "add-on item" ten foot usb to micro usb(2 for cheap w/free shipping) from Amazon so that you have flexibility in where you place the Box. As for the item itself... it's very well made, feels heavy and solid the second you touch it...very nice for the price. Even the packaging (I'm a sucker for clever packaging) is chic and of quality feel and design. Technically it comes with all of the cables you would need to hook it to your stereo (3.5mm to RCA), plus to power the Box itself (usb to micro usb). They are all functional and not crap for sure, but they are very short (less than 3 feet). The Box itself is so nice and looks good on display so higher quality and longer cables give much better placement and pairing options. This is needed because if you choose to power it on and off every time you use it, the button (only button) for power and pairing is on the top. That button lights up and blinks rather attractively as well. It doesn't look like cheap LED accent added for flair. It also makes soothing tones when it powers on and off, tones that are clearly representative of what the device is doing. It's an annoying blip, but I hate when irrelevant chimes that devices make don't tell you a thing about what's happening, not intuitive...these are great.
Now that I appreciate it for what I ordered, I really like it and would definitely recommend this to anyone who needs the convenience. (Posted on 12/1/2015)
- Has a pretty awesome rangeReview by Sarcomere
- Has a pretty awesome range. With line of sight we were able to broadcast from over 30 ft away pretty reliably. If anything gets in between the source and receiver though, that disappears quick. I wish it had a battery so it didn't need to be plugged in to be on but I knew that when buying it. Looks like this will be great to run off of a portable power pack with some speakers while camping. Currently use to broadcast to indoor receiver from the pool and hot tub and haven't had any issues so far. (Posted on 12/1/2015)
- Minimal Hassle Bluetooth Receiver BoxReview by unsterblich6
- Works well, the NFC ability works with the HTC Desire 816 perfectly. The build quality is strong; the device doesn't feel flimsy. It's also very tiny, perfect for usage in cars (my primary usage.) The sound quality is phenomenal for bluetooth (the aptX coding sounds almost like you're connected via wire.) When I turn on my car, it doesn't auto on, but once i turn the device on, it auto-connects to the last bluetooth device connected. Only thing I wish it did was hands-free calling, but you can't win them all. (Posted on 12/1/2015)
- A simple way to bring Bluetooth to old stereosReview by Joe Crescenzi
It took me less than a minute to plug in and configure the Steambot Box and stream music from my iPhone. It was that easy.
If you've got an old stereo and you are looking for an easy, and inexpensive way to bring it into the 21st century and stream your music, this device does the trick. (Posted on 12/1/2015)
- an interesting comparison -- Mpow vs. HomeSpotReview by PE in MA
I first purchased a HomeSpot NFC-Enabled Bluetooth receiver. It is still in use elsewhere and I have written a brief review on that item's page. I then purchased this Mpow unit as a comparison.
The difference couldn't be more dramatic.
I set both up in my office (at separate times) and found the HomeSpot to have fairly limited range receiving data from my streaming iPhone 5S. In fact, it pretty much required a direct line of sight in order to connect without interruption. That line of sight was limited to roughly 15 feet and it would lose connection just 10 feet away in the next work cubicle without line of sight. Additionally, I found that the HomeSpot clipped off the first few seconds of nearly every song played through it.
In significant contrast, I have just hooked up the Mpow and found that the reception range is quite hard to believe. I have taken my iPhone to the distant corners of my 1800 square foot office, and it still plays without interruption. I have placed it behind heavy, metal lateral filing cabinets, and it still plays. I have locked it in the bathroom -- 40 feet away and closed the heavy wooden door -- and it still plays without interruption.
Now, in fairness to the HomeSpot, I own a Bose Soundlink Color which is in my kitchen at home, and signals from my same iPhone 5S will get interrupted when the phone is more than 10 feet away AND behind something. Nonetheless, the Mpow's range outperforms them both by a wide margin.
I'm not sure if I just own a supercharged Mpow, or if they all come this way, but I am ordering 2 more right now to use in other places in my home.
I'm really impressed with the way this unit has performed so far and I HIGHLY recommend it. (Posted on 12/1/2015)
Write Your Own Review
Shipping & Payment
Mpow now only accept Paypal as our payment method.
Something about Paypal below:
1. Do I need to open a PayPal account?
- PayPal supports guest checkout. Simply enter your billing address and credit card information to complete an order. You may optionally create a PayPal password for speeding up future orders.
2. How do I contact PayPal by phone?
- +1-888-221-1161 (US & Canada Toll Free)
- +1-888-215-5506 (US & Canada Toll Free)
- +1-402-935-7733 (International)
- +1-402-935-2050 (International)
- These phone numbers are published on the Internet. PayPal may change the numbers without noticing us. For the latest phone numbers and other contact methods, please visit http://www.paypal.com/.
3. How long does it take for refunds to go back to my Paypal account?
- You will receive an instant e-mail notification from PayPal to confirm these refunds. You may also call PayPal to verify your refund. Their USA toll free phone number is 1-888-221-1161.
4. What do I need to checkout via PayPal?
- A valid email address, and a valid credit card or bank account.
5. Why should I buy via PayPal?
- PayPal is a trusted third party payment processor, owned by eBay. Paypal protects your financial information during transactions.
- PayPal on Wikipedia(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PayPal)
- When you checkout via PayPal, Mpow only sees your shipping address and optionally a telephone number if you explicitly wish to share with us.