- Mpow Streambot 2-In-1 is a versatile gadget that can be used to either transmit or receive music wirelessly.
- Receiver: wirelessly connect to speakers, headphones and more.
- At a simple 3.5mm-connection to your non-Bluetooth speakers or headphones, you can stream music wirelessly from your host devices (smartphones, tablets, laptops) as if by magic. Enhanced tunes at your fingertips - enjoy them in a fresh new way.
- Transmitter: wirelessly connect to media players, e-readers and more.
- With a simple 3.5mm audio connection, give your media players (MP3, CD / DVD players, car audio systems, TVs), and e-readers Bluetooth connectivity. Stream music from the music players, and audiobooks from your Kindle Fire, to your Bluetooth-enabled speaker - all in a convenient, wireless way.
- Bluetooth specification: V3.0
- Bluetooth profiles: A2DP and AVRCP
- Operating distance: Up to 30 feets
- Working time:
- TX Mode: Up to 8 hours
- RX Mode: Up to 6 hours
- Charging time: About 2 hours
- Dimensions: 51 x 27 x 11mm
- Weight: 11.6g
What's in the box
- 1 x Mpow Streambot 2-In-1 Bluetooth Receiver and Transmitter.
- 1 x Micro USB charger cable
- 1 x 3.5mm Audio cable
- 1 x User Manual
Tech Haul Review
Customer Reviews (17)
- Exactly what I've been looking for!Review by J V
- I live in a condo and the HVAC intake vent is in my living room. During the extreme winter and summer days, that thing runs constantly and is as loud as an F-16 taking off. Thus, I was tired of having to crank my tv volume up and then down all the time. I've been using the unit for a couple of days but so far I'm very satisfied with the unit. By accident, I may have discovered a feature. I turned off my Bluetooth headphones and paused my movie to get up and do some things and when I came back 20 or so minutes later, the transmitter had turned off. That's a great feature to conserve battery life if it's actually a feature. I'll come back in a few months with an update. (Posted on 1/28/2016)
- Awesome little transmitter/receiverReview by Cameron Nielsen
Awesome little transmitter/receiver!
It has allowed me to use my old 160GB iPod that I love with all of my newer items such as headphones, home entertainment system, etc. without wires getting in the way. It is also great for watching movies late at night when I don't want to wake my wife but want to have my movie/shows loud. I just plug it in to the back of the television and put on my bluetooth headphones. (Posted on 1/28/2016)
- Works perfectly!Review by Patrick O'Brien
- Works perfectly! I use it inside my ski helmet and it lasts for multiple full days on the mountain, super small and fits right inside the zipper of my helmet. (Posted on 1/28/2016)
- AwesomeReview by Donald A. Richards
- Best little gadget I have found for adding more sound (Posted on 1/28/2016)
- Just what I neededReview by brandon
- This product worked as described. I've set the switch on the Mpow to TX then plugged it in to the earphone jack of a Sony MP3 player, and paired it with a Logitech Blue Tooth headset and it works well. (Posted on 1/28/2016)
- works great with no problems using I PhoneReview by karl77
- works great with no problems using I Phone (Posted on 1/28/2016)
- prefetReview by beachman
- Perfect... compact and works as design. Install is a no brainier. (Posted on 1/28/2016)
- GreatReview by Glenn Suydam
- Worked great for me. (Posted on 1/28/2016)
- Works great and allowed us to use new wireless headphones on an order TV.Review by toony
- Works great and allowed us to use new wireless headphones on an order TV. (Posted on 1/28/2016)
- FlawlessReview by Yusuf
Still works flawlessly 7 months later with my Soundbot 270's and my Vizio. It has performed well beyond my expectations. You can expect 4-6 hours battery life in TX mode. Device can also operate while charging so you're only interrupted briefly to plug in it and power it back on to connect back to your headphones. This is a device that simply works as it should all the time. Thoroughly impressed.
After using their abysmally inconsistent slim transmitter-only model, I moved on to this 2 in 1 model with my fingers crossed. My hopes were that this model would be better constructed and it would power on 10 times out of ten with no issues. I hoped that its 2 in 1 nature would bring a better quality device.
I'm 2 weeks in and it has worked flawlessly thus far. It quickly pairs time and time again TV (TX) to my bluetooth headphones. It's just a simple device that works as it should every time. Whether powering on to an already remembered device or powering on into pairing mode it will connect quickly.
It hasn't taken more than 10 seconds in pairing mode to connect once (remembered devices connect instantly)
The Range is also great as I can walk from the center of my home to answer the front door with no hiccups.
No Lag issues for me while watching tv.
I've only charged it maybe 2 or 3 times outside of the initial charge so battery life seems good. You also get a pulsing red light when the battery is low so you always know when it's time for a charge. If you choose to use it while charging the steady red charging light will disappear once fully charged.
Flawless device thus far. Totally worth the money. 5/5...fingers crossed. (Posted on 1/28/2016)
- Good product, missing the buttons from the older model.Review by radnus
I was pretty impressed with the older model of this product which was receiver only (link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MJMV0GU ), so I decided to give the newer model a try.
The newer model acts as both a transmitter and receiver.
The transmitter mode allows users to transmit audio from devices such as televisions, computers, phones, digital tv boxes etc. that are not bluetooth enabled but have a 3.5mm output port for sound. With this any of the mentioned devices can easily be converted to a bluetooth audio output device. The most common use case I see is for converting your television to have bluetooth audio which would enable you to connect bluetooth headphones to it so you can enjoy your favorite shows without disturbing others.
The new model does not have the + - buttons on the side which the old model had. That is a big disadvantage since that made it very convenient to switch between songs while using the device to play music from the phone to your car or other speaker systems. Had the buttons been included, this would have been a 5 star rated product for me.
The new model has the charging port at the top which can be a little inconvenient with the short 3.5mm jack wire that comes with the product however this is only a minor point since you only need to charge the device for a short while.
I have included pictures of the product as well as side by side comparison images of this and the older model.
Feel free to reach out to me for any questions. (Posted on 1/28/2016)
- YOU CAN RECHARGE WHILE USING (TX or RX)Review by T. S. Methvin
Love this device. Battery life using this to stream from my non-BT MP3 player to my BT headset (TX mode) is over 8 hours. Recharge is 2-3 hours. I really love that THIS DEVICE CAN BE RECHARGED WHILE TRANSMITTING OR RECEIVING, although it's undocumented, see procedure below. Not crazy about using 1 back-lit button to do everything and to know what it's doing, but it works. Beware it can take a few seconds after BT pairing before you hear the audio stream. Be patient.
How To Recharge (TX/RX)
The simplest way to get this working is to make sure you are already paired and streaming before you connect power. In most cases the only thing that happens is the back light around multifunction button turns RED, but streaming is uninterrupted. If the MPOW is off and you have already connected recharge power it will take pressing and holding the multifunction button (MFB) for 6 -8.9 seconds. You may have to repeat this procedure a few times before it works. Pressing and holding the MFB for 9+ seconds causes MPOW to enter discovery mode. If you must recharge while TX or RX-ing, do yourself a favor and get BT streaming working FIRST and then add power, easy-peasy.
Included directions are sparse.You must chose to TX or RX (switch on side) before your turn it on.
ON - press and hold Multifunction button (MFB) for 6 seconds. Blue light will flash about once per second
OFF - press and hold MFB for 4 seconds, red light will come on and then go out.
PAIRING- press and hold MFB for 9 seconds, blue light will flash quickly. Once paired blue light will flash at 1 second rate.
Power CONNECTED - light around MFB will be red during recharge and red light will go out once recharged. Blue light will not light. (Posted on 12/1/2015)
- Great ProductReview by Bcutty
- I only us this to transmit so I can't write to the receiving aspect of this product. I use the Mpow to stream sound from my TV when I workout on the treadmill and it works great. I have used other transmitters in the past and this is by far the best one I have used. (Posted on 12/1/2015)
- Very pleasedReview by Don Morris
I've been wanting a device like this for some time, but haven't been willing to pay the steep price for others. When I saw how inexpensive the Mpow was, I didn't hesitate, but I also wasn't convinced an "cheaper" unit would perform as I wanted. I was wrong.
I have been pleased in every way with the Mpow. I've only used it as a receiver, but it has performed flawlessly. Once paired, it connects to my iPhone with no trouble after being turned on. It turns off after being disconnected (there's a 5 minute delay) to save battery life. And a bonus feature (not mentioned in the documentation): the button acts as a pause/play control for my music/podcast app.
(Another undocumented feature: if you hear three beeps from your speakers, the Mpow needs to be charged.)
The device is small and light, but doesn't feel cheap in any way. In fact, the rounded edges and silky texture would make you think it costs more than it does. Again, I am very pleased with my purchase. (Posted on 12/1/2015)
- Slightly Higher End DeviceReview by Marty From SF
There are many Bluetooth music streamers out there, but this one uses a double 3.5mm double ale cord instead of a left and right audio. This works well when you have a car stereo that has a 3.5mm female insert or a flat screen TV, a headset or a receiver that has the same type of plug (and more).
With a long press of a button, it pairs quickly. You can transit (switch the switch to TX) or use as a receiver (switch the switch to RX). There is a built-in battery that lasts between 6 and 8 hours. Charging is only 2 hours, but I charged mine over-night (I do this with all charging items the first time).
Sound quality is very good unless you have metal furniture or appliance in the way or go over 30-feet or through a wall. Otherwise, the transmission is great. The transmitter is so light that it can hang attached to the cable without falling off. (Posted on 12/1/2015)
- Just one of those additions that add something to your older devices!Review by natosha miller
Mpow Streambot 2-In-1 Wireless Bluetooth Audio is an awesome item to own! not only do you have a way to make a non Bluetooth speaker have Bluetooth capabilities, but it can be done in reverse and you can make a non Bluetooth device be able to work with Bluetooth speakers.
It's almost like having a little attachment making something that never was Bluetooth into a Bluetooth device.
I love how small this product is and it fits in the palms of my hands. The simple slim device is pretty powerful, but doesn't require much space to enjoy music or videos or any type of sounds you love hearing from your devices.
I use mine with my smartphone and MP3 Player, when on the go or even at home. So really with my old phones that don't have the ability to play Bluetooth I just attach this, same with my older computer and than I can turn it to Bluetooth speaker.
I really think the concept is different, really awesome, and something that's like as close to adding a brain to a product that never had one before, intelligent. I mean if you find your old devices still as good as the first day you got them, but miss having some new features that most products come with.I think this is what one of those special gizmos would do for you, taking an old product and transforming it into a upgraded one.
In away this gadget, I feel takes my old stuff and makes it just better! (Posted on 12/1/2015)
- Almost perfectReview by On the go
- Product is excellent (Posted on 11/26/2015)
Write Your Own Review
Shipping & Payment
Mpow now only accept Paypal as our payment method.
Something about Paypal below:
1. Do I need to open a PayPal account?
- PayPal supports guest checkout. Simply enter your billing address and credit card information to complete an order. You may optionally create a PayPal password for speeding up future orders.
2. How do I contact PayPal by phone?
- +1-888-221-1161 (US & Canada Toll Free)
- +1-888-215-5506 (US & Canada Toll Free)
- +1-402-935-7733 (International)
- +1-402-935-2050 (International)
- These phone numbers are published on the Internet. PayPal may change the numbers without noticing us. For the latest phone numbers and other contact methods, please visit http://www.paypal.com/.
3. How long does it take for refunds to go back to my Paypal account?
- You will receive an instant e-mail notification from PayPal to confirm these refunds. You may also call PayPal to verify your refund. Their USA toll free phone number is 1-888-221-1161.
4. What do I need to checkout via PayPal?
- A valid email address, and a valid credit card or bank account.
5. Why should I buy via PayPal?
- PayPal is a trusted third party payment processor, owned by eBay. Paypal protects your financial information during transactions.
- PayPal on Wikipedia(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PayPal)
- When you checkout via PayPal, Mpow only sees your shipping address and optionally a telephone number if you explicitly wish to share with us.