Frequently Asked Question
1. How can I cancel my order?
- Check your order status at [my account >my orders], if the order status is not shipped, You may login your accout > Help Desk and we will cancel and refund your order for you.
2. Why open an mpow account?
A free Mpow account allows you to:
- Place and track orders.
- Save addresses in your address book.
- Collect rebate points to redeem free products.
- Write reviews, and rate other reviews.
3. What if I want to close my mpow account?
- To have your account closed and all saved personal information removed (such as address book entries), If needed, pls login your accout > Help Desk .
1. Do products come with warranties
All of our Mpow products have a full 18-month warranty. If your product does not meet your needs within this period, pls follow [Your account > My Return] to creat a RMA case first, and we will follow up your request in 48hrs.
- Parts not covered by standard warranties
- Consumables including but not limited to ink, depletion of disposable or primary batteries, etc.
- Parts naturally exposed to tear and wear including but not limited to screen protectors, cases, etc.
- Damages or degradation caused by improper operations including but not limited to torn cables, blown fuses, bricks due to installation of custom firmwares, etc.
- Some type of products such as tablets and phones will be repaired instead of replaced.
- This page was updated on 11/30/2015 to clarify that all warranty dates count from the first shipment of each item in each order.
2. How do you handle defective on arrival / DOA orders?
- Mpow guarantees safe delivery of your orders. We exchange all damaged items. Mpow covers all return shipping charges.
- Contact us via login your accout > Help Desk, within 5 days of delivery, and ship products back via the least expensive method.
3. What is Mpow Money Back Guarantee?
Not happy with a product? Return it to us.
You may return undamaged items to us postmarked within 45 calendar days of delivery. If the return is not a result of our error, customers will be required to cover shipping cost both ways. Please make sure the item is returned in the original condition, with the original packaging and accessories.Please note that shipping and handling charges apply if returns are not results of Mpow's error.
- Products must not be altered or modified.
- Raw components and PCB boards cannot be accepted for return after they are installed or soldered.
- Consumables cannot returned once they are opened.
- When returning replacement products, the original (defective or non-functional) unit must also be returned, or a fee may be assessed.
- Volume/wholesale (signified by volume discounts), and customized orders are not covered by this offer.
1. What are Mpow's business hours?
- Mpow operates Monday to Friday, from 9:30am to 5:30pm HongKong Time.
2. What holidays does Mpow observe?
Mpow celebrates the following Asian holidays. Shipping is temporarily suspended during these holidays. Customer service and support may be available with limited capacity. All services resume normal immediately after each holiday.
Note: The dates above are to be used as a general guideline. Exact dates are posted prior to each holiday.
- New Year’s Day start at January 1st, it takes 3 business days.
- Spring Festival(aka Chinese New Year) start due to lunar calendar. Approximately mid February.it takes 7 business days.
- Qingming Festival start at April 4th or April 5th, it takes 1 business day.
- Labour Day start at May 1st, it takes 1 business day.
- Dragon Boat Festival start due to lunar calendar. Approximately late June.It takes 1 business day.
- Mid-Autumn Festival start due to lunar calendar. Approximately late September.It takes 1 business day.
- National Day start at October 1st,It takes 7 business days.
3. What Is Mpow's privacy and security policy?
- Our policies can be found here: Privacy and security policy.
4. Can I add an item to my order?
- Yes, but you need to add it before your order is packaged for shipment. Let us know and we will do it for you.
- In the meantime, placing a new order is likely faster. You can either let the new order ship separately, or request to combine your two orders.
5. Can I change my shipping address after placing an order?
- If the order is in a stage where the system does not allow you to change its address, please let us know and we will try to have your delivery details changed.
- Note that packages that have already left our warehouse cannot be changed.
6. How are refunds handled?
- Payments made through PayPal (or your credit card)
- Within 60 days of payment: we can refund either to your PayPal/credit card account or, issue you a gift certificate (also known as store credit).
- After 60 days: refunds are made in the form of store credits (gift certificates).
- Note: the 60 days rule is imposed by PayPal.
7. In what currency are Mpow prices displayed?
- All price listed on our website are in US dollars. To convert US dollars into your local currency, visit XE.com.
- If your home currency is not US dollars, please note that your credit card issuer or bank does the final conversion. The rates that your bank uses are not controlled by Mpow.
- If you would like to find out the actual conversion rates, please call your credit card issuer or your bank.
8. What language do I enter my information in?
- All information should be entered in English. Information entered in other languages can cause processing delays or lost packages.
- Mpow is able to print shipping labels in customer country's native language. To enter an address in your native language, simply go to My Account > Address Book > Manage Addresses>Add New Address > Check "Use a secondary, non-english address".
- Please note that a native language address is not guaranteed to be used for shipping. The use of such an address depends on the policies imposed by specific shipping carriers used for each shipment.
- Mpow is not responsible for issues caused by improper entry.
9. Which forms of payments are accepted?
- PayPal, please note that PayPal is completely free to use, with no account and no signup required. For more about PayPal, please see PayPal on Wikipedia and PayPal's website.
10. Why didn't I receive an order confirmation e-mail?
- Please contact us so we can look it up.
- As soon as you checkout an order, an email is automatically sent to your e-mail confirming the order. If you're not seeing order confirmation or status updates, your e-mail provider or client software may be treating Mpow's emails as SPAMs (mistakenly!). You should also have a quick look at the SPAM/JUNK e-mail folders.
11. What are all the order status?
- Pending: Pending orders are brand new orders that have not been processed. Typically, these orders need to be invoiced and shipped.
- Pending PayPal: Pending PayPal orders are brand new orders that have not been cleared by PayPal.
- Processing: Processing means that orders have either been invoiced or shipped, but not both.
- Complete: Orders marked as complete have been invoiced and have shipped.
- Cancelled: Cancelled orders should be used if orders are cancelled or if the orders have not been paid for.
- Closed: Closed orders are orders that have had a credit memo assigned to it and the customer has been refunded for their order.
- On Hold: Orders placed on hold must be taken off hold before continuing any further actions.
- Payment Review - As long as an external payment gateway is verifying the payment information from a sales order, the order is assigned the Payment Review status in the payment system.
- Suspected Fraud (possible for PayPal orders only) – The order transaction did not pass one or more of the PayPal fraud filters and the system receives the response from PayPal that the transaction is under review by.
- Fraud Service Complete - Orders marked as complete have fully been invoiced and have shipped.
1. Do I need to open a PayPal account?
- PayPal supports guest checkout. Simply enter your billing address and credit card information to complete an order. You may optionally create a PayPal password for speeding up future orders.
2. How do I contact PayPal by phone?
- +1-888-221-1161 (US & Canada Toll Free)
- +1-888-215-5506 (US & Canada Toll Free)
- +1-402-935-7733 (International)
- +1-402-935-2050 (International)
- These phone numbers are published on the Internet. PayPal may change the numbers without noticing us. For the latest phone numbers and other contact methods, please visit http://www.paypal.com/.
3. How long does it take for refunds to go back to my Paypal account?
- You will receive an instant e-mail notification from PayPal to confirm these refunds. You may also call PayPal to verify your refund. Their USA toll free phone number is 1-888-221-1161.
4. What do I need to checkout via PayPal?
- A valid email address, and a valid credit card or bank account.
5. Why should I buy via PayPal?
- PayPal is a trusted third party payment processor, owned by eBay. Paypal protects your financial information during transactions.
- PayPal on Wikipedia(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PayPal)
- When you checkout via PayPal, Mpow only sees your shipping address and optionally a telephone number if you explicitly wish to share with us.
1. How to return a product?
Here's what to do:
- Items must be returned with original packaging, manuals, and all accessories and documents provided by the manufacturer.
- Contact us via Account > My Returns to get a RMA (return merchandise authorization) ID first to continue next step.
- If a product is DOA or shipped incorrectly, Mpow covers all shipping charges. For all other cases of returns, a staff will quote you the actual shipping costs incurred (the non-refundable portion).
- Proceed and send the items to the following address. Note that the returning package must be postmarked within 14 calendar days from the date you received the feedback from our customer service team.
- Processing time after your return arrives is approximately 10 days. Refund, should you request one, is sent corresponding to the original method of payment, and you will receive a confirmation e-mail.
- If products are altered or modified, warranty and money back satisfaction become void.
- The satisfaction guarantee does not cover customized, volume discount, and/or wholesale orders.
- When returning, we recommend using a trackable shipping method. Mpow cannot be held responsible for items lost on the way back.
*Definition of delivery date: for EMS/DHL and some registered airmail packages, the delivery date is displayed on the courier's tracking site. For orders that do not have online delivery dates provided by the courier, the delivery date is assumed to be 21 calendar days after shipment.
2. What is your return address for RMA?
******Pleast note that we CAN NOT accept the return package without an RMA ID, How to get a RMA ID? pls contact us via Account > My Returns.
Return address for North and South American customers:
305 Laurelwood Road，
Santa Clara, CA 95054-2312
Return address for customers elsewhere around the world:
ATTN: JOE ，TEL:00852 - 28868333.
ROOM10,2/F,BLOCK-B,SHA TIN INDUSTRIAL CENTRE,#5-7,
YUEN SHUN CIRCUIT,SHA TIN， New Territories HONGKONG
1. Do you charge shipping & handling -- is shipping really FREE?
- Register airmail shipping is FREE on all orders.
- For customers looking for speedier delivery, optional shipping upgrades are available,You can find these options during the checkout process.
2. Do you ship to APO/FPO or PO boxes?
- Yes. These are supported by the free airmail shipping and the USPS shipping services.
3. Do you take international orders?
- Yes, we ship worldwide at no additional charge.
4. How are customs and import tax/duties handled?
- Because Mpow sends products from Hong Kong (a free port), there is no sales tax or duties imposed by the Hong Kong government. Customers do not have to pay any sales tax or export duties when they purchase from Mpow.
- Statistically, well less than 1% of all orders have ever got opened by the Customs in customers' home countries. If a package were to be checked by the customs office of the customer's country, customers have to cover for import duties, tariffs, and taxes.
- Although the chance of packages assessed by the customs is small, Mpow encourages customers to check with their local customs office for potential import taxes, duties, and tariffs, prior to placing an order. In addition, some products may require special licenses or permits to import (such as high powered lasers). Mpow is not responsible for products confiscated by the customs in customers' countries.
5. How are replacements shipped?
For lost packages:
- Replacements are shipped using the same service the original package used.
For replacement of defective or missing items:
- If your order is originally shipped by airmail or USPS, replacements are shipped the same way.
Express orders are processed case by case. Our customer advocate updates you with details.
6. How come my tracking number doesn't work?
- Mpow sends shipment notification and tracking numbers as soon as orders leave our warehouse. Tracking numbers will likely not show any result before carriers have a chance to do an initial scan to those packages.
- For Express packages, this delay is usually 1 business day. For airmail packages, the delay can be up to 3 working days
7. How long does it take for orders to get sent?
- Items that are in stock are shipped in 1 to 2 business days.
- Items that are unavailable will be placed on back order, and the remainder of your order will be shipped as partial shipments. Please check our web site for the estimated time of arrival of back ordered items. Please note that these ETA dates are estimates and cannot be not guaranteed. You may cancel outstanding back orders for a refund at anytime.
- Where possible, we will make every effort to alert customers of potential delays, or offer possible substitutions to the originally ordered item. We send out these by personalized e-mail messages.
8. What are the available shipping methods?
9. What countries do you ship to?
Mpow currently ships to the following 216 destinations around the world. Shipping upgrade costs vary by country and are calculated automatically during checkout, based on the products you ordered.
|Algeria||Czech Republic||Iraq||Mozambique||South Korea|
|Anguilla||Dominica||Italy||Nauru Islands||St. Christopher|
|Antigua||Dominican Republic||Ivory Coast||Nepal||St. Lucia|
|Argentina||East Timor||Jamaica||Netherlands||St. Vincent|
|Austria||Equatorial Guinea||Kenya||New Zealand Cook Islands||Sweden|
|Bangladesh||Faröe Islands||Lao PDR||Norfolk Islands||Tajikistan|
|Benin||French Polynesia||Libya||Palau||Tortola (BVI)|
|Bermuda||Gabon||Liechtenstein||Panama||Trinidad and Tobago|
|Bhutan||Gambia||Lithuania||Papua New Guinea||Tunisia|
|Bolivia||Gaza and Khan Yunis||Luxembourg||Paraguay||Turkey|
|Bosnia and Herzegovina||Georgia||Macau||Peru||Turkmenistan|
|Botswana||Germany||Macedonia||Philippines||Turks and Caicos Islands|
|Brunei Darussalam||Gibraltar||Malawi||Portugal||uerto Rico|
|Burundi||Grenada||Mali||Romania||United Arab Emirates|
|Cambodia||Guadeloupe||Malta||Russian Federation||United Kingdom|
|Cameroon||Guam||Mariana Islands||Rwanda||United States of America|
|Cape Verde||Guinea||Martinique||San Marino||Uzbekistan|
|Cayman Islands||Guinea Bissau||Mauritania||Sao Tome And Principe||Vanuatu|
|Central African Republic||Guyana||Mauritius||Saudi Arabia||Venezuela|
|Chile||Honduras||Micronesia, Federated States||Serbia||Virgin Islands of the USA|
||Hong Kong||Moldova, Republic of||Seychelles||Western Samoa|
||India||Montenegro||Slovakia (Slovak Republic)||Zimbabwe|
10. What happens if I entered an incorrect or incomplete address during checkout?
How to change the shipping address on an order?
- You can change your order's delivery address at anytime before it is packaged and shipped.
- To change the address for an order that's not shipped, simply go to the order details page, and click the "change address" link displayed under your shipping address. Please note that this link disappears as soon as your order has become shipped
Keep your address accurate and complete
- Entering a complete and accurate address is crucial to prompt delivery. Incomplete addresses may cause days or weeks of delay when the package arrive at your local distribution hub.
- Mpow sends your shipping address for confirmation in the order confirmation e-mail. The address you entered is also displayed in the order details page in your account.
What happens if an order is lost or returned?
- If an item is reported as lost or returned to send by the courier, Mpow sends free replacements immediately.
What happens when an order is delivered to an address that is entered incorrectly or incompletely?
- Depending on which part(s) you have left out from the address, chances are that your local delivery courier can still guess and make out the full address based on what you have provided them with.
- If an item is returned to Mpow due to an incomplete or incorrect shipping address, shipping fees already incurred on the package becomes non-refundable. This fee is about 20% of your order total. The fee is based on costs and a staff will inform you of the amount. If a replacement order is requested, a re-shipping must be paid before the order can be re-sent.
However, if a package is delivered incorrectly because of an incomplete or incorrect shipping address, the order is seen as delivered because it is delivered to the exact address provided to us during checkout, and it is not returned to us. In certain special circumstances however, Mpow can arrange a replacement shipment. In this case, customers are subjected to a re-shipment fee equivalent to 90% of the original order total. Again, this only applies to orders that are delivered and not returned to us.
It is prudent to keep your address precise and complete. You may change your shipping address at any time before orders are shipped, via your Mpow account page, or by contacting us.
11. What happens if my country's customs rejected my package?
- Since Mpow ships to over 100 countries in the world, it is your responsibility to obey your country's specific laws and customs regulations.
- If an item is returned to Mpow because it is restricted by your country, Mpow refunds your order less actual shipping costs already incurred to ship your order. This amount is usually 20% of order total but can be higher or lower depending on the nature of product ordered. The rest is refunded to you in the way you originally paid your order for, or in the way of store credits, at your choice.If you have questions, please feel free to contact us.
12. What happens if my package is lost?
Online tracking shows package as "lost"
- Let us know and Mpow will send replacements immediately.
- Online tracking stopped updating for a few days (or up to 2 weeks)
- If you have selected USPS first-class or registered airmail, it is common for online tracking to stop updating when your packages make their way from State to State, or from Province to Province.
- Call your local post office and give them your tracking number and they should be able to tell you more. Here are some of the common phones numbers:
Canada (Canada Post): 1-888-550-6333
United States (USPS): 1-800-ASK-USPS (800-275-8777)
United Kingdom (Parcelforce): 08448 00 44 66
- If you have selected Express Package Service, let us know immediately and we will get the issue resolved as quickly as we can.
Online tracking stopped updating for 2 weeks or more
- Unfortunately the Universal Postal Union(http://www.upu.int/en.html) guidelines instructs that post offices worldwide to accept non-delivery complaints 30 days after shipping. Because of this, Hong Kong Post, USPS, Canada Post, and your local postal system would not accept non-delivery inquiries within 30 days after packages are shipped.
- After 30 days have passed, Mpow can immediately make official inquiries against your local postal system. If packages are confirmed lost, we send free replacements immediately.
13. What is the declaration on shipping labels?
- For orders shipped with Airmail Service, category of products ordered is used as customs declaration with a low value.
- Unless otherwise requested by customers, Mpow DOES NOT include invoices and receipts inside packages.
- Orders shipped to Norway, France, or Denmark are exceptions. Mpow is forced to print the paid order total on the declarations.
14. What items are restricted or potentially restricted by the customs and/or air mail shipping services?
For customers' convenience, Mpow carries a wide variety of products, offers a number of shipping methods, and ships to over 200 countries around the globe.
While the vast majority of customers happily receives their products in a timely and orderly manner, at times packages containing certain types of products may be returned to Mpow by the chosen shipper or the destination country's customs. When a package is rejected or returned, Mpow takes steps to resend or refund customers.
List of products that are returned/rejected more often than others:
- Lithium battery cells (e.g. 18650, 18500, 18350, CR123A, 14500, 10440 lithium batteries, both primary and rechargeable).
- Flammable liquids such as e-liquids, perfume, and essential oils.
- Note that since these products are classified as "dangerous goods" by the Post Union, they are sometimes rejected by air mail service providers such as Hong Kong Post. Post Mpow do pay attention and pack these products with special care, however, product packaging cannot and does not alter how these products are classified by the Post Union.
In addition, despite the Post Union classification, each postal carrier has their own rules and practices. For example, Singapore Post is officially okay with e-liquids. For this reason, Mpow implements automatic packaging routing that redirects packages to various carriers according to your shipping country and content of orders. This automatic routing is applied when you select the "Registered Air Mail" shipping option during checkout.
Last but not least, while most packages do get through all the hops and properly delivers to customers, of you are looking for 100% guaranteed delivery time for lithium batteries and liquid products (i.e. you cannot accept delays caused by rejects and/or inspections), Mpow is able to ship through DHL via their Dangerous Goods shipping service. A custom shipping quote is required as shipping costs depend on the destination country, and quantity/type/brand of items ordered (which affects DHL packaging requirements).
If you're interested in using the DHL dangerous goods shipping service, please contact us and tell us your shipping country and the type and quantity of batteries for a custom shipping quote.
When a package is returned/rejected due to the nature of the product ordered:
If the package has NOT left the origin country (Singapore or Hong Kong, depending on the shipping method you selected during checkout), Mpow issues 100% refund when packages are returned.
If a package has left the origin country (i.e. rejected by your country's customs/postal carrier), Mpow refunds you your order less shipping costs already incurred. The shipping costs incurred for each order is different and Mpow can usually provide an official proof of shipping paid, upon customer request.
Mpow is committed to customer service and, the above information is written in order to disclose full information to customers like you.
15. What should I do if something is missing from my order?
- Please do not throw away anything, including the order's packaging and the packing list inside, and let us know so we can set things straight.